Department of Marketing
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242-1000
PhD, Northwestern University, 1970
MBA, Wayne State University, 1967
BSc, The Ohio State University, 1965
After graduating from Ohio State with a degree in Finance, Professor Schultz worked for National Bank of Detroit in the Investment Department. He received an MBA from Wayne State University. He enrolled at Northwestern University in September, 1967 and completed the oral defense of his Ph.D. dissertation in December, 1969, thus finishing the requirements in two years and one quarter. His thesis subsequently won the best dissertation award from the American Marketing Association for 1970.:: Faculty Positions
Professor Schultz taught at Indiana University and then moved to the University of Pittsburgh. His first paper was published as lead article in the Journal of Marketing Research in 1971. Joining Purdue University as Associate Professor he was promoted to full Professor at age 34.
In 1980 he moved to the University of Texas at Dallas where he founded the Morris Hite Center for Product Development and Marketing Science, having raised $1 million with a committee headed by Joe Haggar, CEO of the Haggar Apparel Company.
An article published during this time won the Harold H. Maynard Award for best theoretical paper in the Journal of Marketing.
In 1988 Professor Schultz joined the marketing faculty at the University of Iowa. In December, 2007 he became Professor Emeritus.
:: EditingBack to Top
Professor Schultz's considerable experience as an editor includes:
Associate Editor, International Journal of Forecasting, 1985-1991; 1995-2007; Editor, International Journal of Forecasting, 1991-1995
Editor-at-Large, Interfaces, 1985-1994; Editor, Applications of Management Science, 1981-1993; Contributing Editor, Interfaces, 1982-1985; Associate Editor, Journal of Forecasting, 1982-1985; Board of Editors, Journal of Marketing, 1979-1982; Board of Editors, Journal of Marketing Research, 1972-1978; Manuscript Review Committee, Behavioral Science, 1972-1980
:: PublicationsBack to Top
Professor Schultz is co-author or co-editor of 10 books and other published volumes including the series Applications of Management Science and special issues of Interfaces and the International Journal of Forecasting.
His articles have appeared in refereed journals such as the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Marketing Letters, European Journal of Marketing, Research in Marketing, Journal of Business, Journal of Forecasting, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of Business Research, Behavioral Science and Simulation and Games.
List of Books
1. Market Response Models: Econometric and Time Series Analysis, Second Edition Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001, 501pp. (co-author with Dominique M. Hanssens and Leonard J. Parsons); Chinese translation published by Shanghai People's Press, 2003.
2. Market Response Models: Econometric and Time Series Analysis. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1990, 388 pp. (co-author with Dominique M. Hanssens and Leonard J. Parsons).
3. Information Systems Implementation: Testing a Structural Model. Norwood, N.J.: Ablex Publishing Corporation, 1990, 145 pp. (co-author with Henry C. Lucas, Jr. and Michael J. Ginzberg).
4. Management Science Implementation. Greenwich, Conn.: JAI Press, Inc., 1984, 182 pp. (co-editor with Michael J. Ginzberg).
5. Marketing Decision Models. New York: Elsevier North-Holland, Inc., 1981, 298 pp. (co-editor with Andris A. Zoltners).
6. The Implementation of Management Science. North-Holland/TIMS Studies in the Management Sciences, Volume 13. Amsterdam: North-Holland Publishing Company, 1979, 239 pp. (co-editor with Robert Doktor and Dennis P. Slevin).
7. Marketing Models and Econometric Research. New York and Amsterdam: North Holland Publishing Company, 1976, 300 pp. (co-author with Leonard J. Parsons).
8. Cases in Marketing Research. Hinsdale, Ill.: The Dryden Press, 1975, 270 pp. (co-author with Gerald Zaltman and Philip C. Burger).
9. Implementing Operations Research/Management Science. New York: American Elsevier Publishing Company, Inc., 1975, 334 pp. (co-editor with Dennis P. Slevin).
10. Simulation in Social and Administrative Science: Overviews and Case Examples. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1972, 768 pp. (co-editor with Harold Guetzkow and Philip Kotler).
Series editor: Applications of Management Science: Public Policy Applications of Management Science, Volume 7. Greenwich, Conn.: JAI Press, Inc., 1993, 191 pp. (edited by Edwardo L. Rhodes).
Series editor: Applications of Management Science: Accounting Applications of Management Science, Volume 6. Greenwich, Conn.: JAI Press, Inc., 1991, 278 pp. (edited by Edward Blocher).
Applications of Management Science, Volumes 1-5. Greenwich, Conn.: JAI Press, Inc., 1987, 1985, 1983, 1982, 1981(editor).
Books and Institute papers cataloged by the Library of Congress
Google's list of total citations for -